Working for us
The Royal Air Forces Association offers a range of exciting and challenging work opportunities throughout the UK. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive working environment where we are only interested in ability and where people can thrive as themselves.
We employ over 230 full-time and part-time staff across our Headquarters in Leicester, offices throughout the UK and in our welfare services, including our Wings Breaks Hotels at Weston-super-Mare and Rothbury, together with our retirement accommodation.
Our staff and volunteers push excellent work on behalf of serving and ex-serving RAF personnel and their families in a variety of different roles. Working for the RAF Association is very rewarding for those people who want to be part of something special.
What do our employees say?
When asked in their last employment survey ‘What do you enjoy about working for the Association?’, our talented, diverse employees replied:
- “The work I do is very rewarding and I get a lot of job satisfaction. I am proud to work for the RAF Association.”
- “The welfare services which we provide really do have an impact on people’s lives and it is great to read about those stories on our website and know that what we are doing is really worthwhile.”
- “I enjoy the family feel and sense of wellbeing.”
- “I enjoy working for a charity that supports a group of people that have or currently are, supporting our country with their service.”
- “I enjoy working in a positive environment and with a supportive team who all work hard to achieve success for the Association. It is good to work somewhere where your work is valued and where you can put things into action which support the Association’s aims and objectives for the year.”
- “A good team, a good cause, a can do attitude.”
Training and development
The RAF Association is committed to offering development and learning opportunities for all employees and volunteers. We believe that you should have the potential to grow, both in your own role and personally, and we will endeavor to provide opportunities to help make this happen.
Our key training and development principles:
- We base training and development opportunities on the requirements of our business, and decisions about investment in your training and development will be made accordingly.
- Responsibility for training and development is shared between you and the Association.
- We encourage you to take ownership of your own development, with support from your managers and the training team.
- We review our level of investment in training and development annually with you.
You will receive an annual performance appraisal.
Want to join the team?
We are proud to be disability confident and if you need any additional help at any time during the recruitment process, just let us know.