Terms and Conditions
This Agreement is a legal document which sets out your rights and obligations and also those of the Royal Air Forces Association (RAF Association or RAFA), Membership organisation and Registered Charity 226686 (England & Wales) – SC037673 (Scotland).
By accessing this site and registering with the RAF Association Website, you agree to the terms of this Agreement, and you re-affirm the agreement every time you use it. Visitors to the RAF Association Website who do not register, similarly agree that they are bound by this Agreement each time they access the RAF Association Website. You should be aware that this Agreement may change from time to time.
2 Becoming a member of our website
People who register for the RAF Association Website become ‘Registered users of the website’. Once you are logged in and have been verified, you are referred to as a ‘Registered user of the website’.
People who register for the RAF Association Website who are already members of the RAF Association, after verification of their RAF Association Membership number, Service number and postcode become ‘members who are registered users of the website’
People who join the RAF Association online and who register for the RAF Association Website after verification of their membership application become ‘members who are registered users of the website’
RAF Association Liaison Officers must be members of the RAF Association. RAF Association Liaison Officers who register for the RAF Association Website and who are already members of the RAF Association, after verification of their RAF Association Membership number, Service number and postcode become ‘ RAFALO members who are registered users of the website’
Individuals wishing to become members of the RAF Association Website as registered users of the website must register with the website. These users will not be eligible to use the forums, gallery, notice boards and branch & member resources without becoming members of the RAF Association. Non-RAF Association members are able to access the site up to the registered users section. You can join the RAF Association online here.
There are no membership fees relevant to this website aside from your Annual subscription for membership of The RAF Association (RAFA).
You undertake to register for the RAF Association Website using accurate and current information about yourself – including your correct name, email address and any other requested details. You also undertake only to provide correct information about your service history with the RAF Association.
You also undertake to keep your email address and other details on the site updated to the correct information should any of your information change at any time. You can do this by editing your information ion the ‘My Account’ pages of the login area of the website or by contacting our membership department on 0116 266 5224.
6 RAF Association website login area
You, as a Member, RAFALO or Registered user of the website who visits the RAF Association Website, acknowledge that we are not and cannot be responsible for the behaviour of member, RAFALO or Registered user of the website – whether on the RAF Association Website or outside of it. We only provide a venue where the RAF Association Website may be accessed. In particular, you should be aware that RAF Association does pre-screen and monitor the material contributed by Members, RAFALO or Registered user of the website, however we do moderate material and will delete material that is in breach of the Terms and Conditions of use.
7 Operation of the RAF Association Website
The RAF Association reserves the right to withdraw or modify one or more aspects of the RAF Association Website where we have legal or technical reasons to do so (including technical difficulties experienced by RAF Association or on the Internet) or for any other reason. This includes the Forum where we may modify or remove posts made where we have a legal, technical or moral reason to do so or for any other reason as we see fit.
There may also be times when the RAF Association Website becomes unavailable, whether on a scheduled or unscheduled basis. For security or other reasons, we may require you to change password or other information which facilitates access to the RAF Association Website.
8 Misuse of the RAF Association Website
RAF Association misuse policy forms part of this agreement. We reserve the right (a) to suspend or terminate any Member, RAFALO or Registered user’s access to the RAF Association Website, or parts of it, and/or (b) to edit, or require the Member, RAFALO or Registered user to edit, material posted on the RAF Association Website, if the relevant Member, RAFALO or Registered user or material appears to us to be in breach of any provision of this Agreement. Any person whose access has been suspended or terminated must not re-register for, or re-access, the RAF Association Website without our prior consent.
You are responsible for everything which is done on or through the RAF Association Website while your account is logged on to the RAF Association Website, or through your email address(es).
Members, RAFALOs or Registered users must not:
• include an email address, postal address, phone number, the address of any website, or any other information which is intended to facilitate direct communication, on any website function until approval has been sought
• place material on, or otherwise use, the RAF Association Website for any business or commercial purpose; or
• use your access to the RAF Association Website, or information gathered from it, for the sending of unsolicited bulk email (sometimes known as spam).
You are responsible for ensuring that no material you post, or which is posted through a machine on which you access the RAF Association Website, nor any activity or communication you make in connection with any RAF Association Website, will be capable of (a) infringing the intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, (b) breaching any applicable law, whether criminal, tortious or otherwise, or (c) appearing to be offensive, defamatory, libellious, threatening, obscene, racist, pornographic, false, unreliable or misleading.
11 Alerting Us
If you see anything on the RAF Association Website which appears to infringe this Agreement, then please contact us to inform us of it. We do not generally monitor material contributed by Members, RAFALOs or Registered users before it is placed on the RAF Association Website and so we are reliant upon users to point out any which infringes this Agreement.
In addition if you see anything on the RAF Association website or any associated sites that you believe to be incorrect either posted by a Member, RAFALO or Registered user or written by us, we will endeavour to correct once we are informed of its presence.
12 Withdrawal of Material and Termination of Membership
Each Member, RAFALO or Registered user acknowledges that we are entitled to withdraw any material on the RAF Association Website which appears whether based on information received from Members, RAFALOs, Registered users or others, or our own determination to be capable of breaching any part of this Agreement, or to bring the RAF Association Website into disrepute.
However, each user acknowledges that we do monitor material which appears on the RAF Association Website, we are also reliant upon you and all users to notify us of anything you see on the site which may breach this Agreement, using the notification techniques which are made available on the RAF Association Website.
13 Disclaimer and Release
The RAF Association has no control over or responsibility for the truth or accuracy of any material available on the RAF Association Website, whether provided by Members, RAFALOs, Registered users or others.
If any third party sites are linked to/from the RAF Association Website, this does not mean that we endorse or have any responsibility for the site in question or anything which appears on it.
• You should exercise no lesser degree of caution in appraising what you see on the RAF Association Website than you do offline.
• Even though Members, RAFALOs or Registered users are prohibited from doing so, people may provide information, or otherwise behave, in a way that is unreliable, misleading or even illegal. Further, you should note that people may not necessarily be who they say they are.
• Your use of the RAF Association Website is entirely at your own risk. Accordingly, to the extent that the law permits, you release RAF Association from all liability arising out of or in connection with the RAF Association Website and the material included here by Members, RAFALOs Registered users and other third parties.
14 Intellectual Property
You acknowledge that all copyright, trade marks, and other intellectual property rights in and relating to the RAF Association Website (including the material which is contributed by Members, RAFALOs or Registered users) are owned by the RAF Association. It is easy to copy material which appears on websites, but this does not mean it is legal.
Therefore, no-one may copy, distribute, show in public or create any derivative work from the RAF Association Website, or any of the material which is found on the RAF Association Website unless properly licensed to do so by us.
By submitting any material to the content to the RAF Association Website, you:
• are representing that you are fully entitled to do so;
• grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-terminable licence right to copy, modify, distribute, show in public and create derivative works from that material in any form, anywhere; and
• authorise us to adapt the relevant material in the course of doing so, and so waive your moral rights to object to any derogatory treatment, or to be identified as the author, of the material in question.
15 Excluded Loss
We will not be liable to you or any third party for any indirect or consequential loss or damage, or for any loss of data, profit, revenue or business, howsoever caused (whether arising out of any negligence or breach of this Agreement or otherwise). The RAF Association will also not be liable for any failure to perform of its obligations under this Agreement caused by matters beyond its reasonable control.
16 Non-excluded Liabilities
Nothing in this Agreement limits RAF Association liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, or any other liability which may not by law be excluded. Any statutory rights you may have as a consumer remain unaffected.
You agree to indemnify us against all liabilities, claims and expenses that may arise from any breach of this Agreement by you or through a machine on which you access the RAF Association Website.
We reserve the right to assign this Agreement, and to assign or subcontract any or all of our rights and obligations under this Agreement. You may not without the written consent of the RAF Association assign or dispose of this Agreement.
19 Entire Agreement
20 Changes to this Agreement
The RAF Association reserves the right to change this Agreement from time to time, and post the new version on the RAF Association Website. The new version of these terms and conditions will take effect, and will govern all RAF Association Websites and your relationship with the RAF Association:
• commencing four weeks after the date of posting (or such later date as RAF Association indicates in the relevant posting), if any of the changes is to an operative provision of this Agreement which is capable of adversely affecting you; if you do not wish to be governed by the new version of the Agreement, you may notify us on or before the date when the new version of the Agreement is to take effect, and from that date you must cease to use the RAF Association Website; or
• immediately upon the date of posting (or such later date as RAF Association indicates in the relevant posting), if the changes are not to operative provisions, or not capable of adversely affecting you – examples of which would include, without limitation, changes to one or more RAF Association addresses or email addresses referred to in this Agreement.
In the event that any term of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable by judicial decree or decision, the remainder of this Agreement shall remain valid and enforceable.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
You can contact us by post at the following address: RAF Association Headquarters, Atlas House, 41 Wembley Road, Leicester, LE3 1UT or via email at email@example.com
All site material is owned RAF Association and should not be used without prior permission.
25. Direct Debit Guarantee
The Direct Debit Guarantee applies to all Direct Debits. It protects you in the rare event that there is an error in the payment of your Direct Debit. Here is the Direct Debit Guarantee in full.
Privacy Notice for Volunteers
In this notice “we” means the RAF Association and “you” means volunteers at the RAF Association
We have developed this Privacy Notice to inform you of how we will use the information you submit to us through the firstname.lastname@example.org email address, or in any other way as part of a volunteer application process and the purposes of communicating with you about your ongoing volunteering activity and opportunities.
What types of information does this Policy cover?
This Privacy Notice applies to all personal data provided by you in your application, any subsequent information supplied by you in connection with your voluntary activity and any information obtained from third parties such as prior employers, the Disclosure and Barring service ( and similar for Scotland and Northern Ireland) and other sources. This includes:
- Name, address, email address, telephone number, or other contact information;
- Date of birth;
- Photograph if you are a Befriender or caseworker and visiting the homes of beneficiaries;
- Outcome of a Disclosure and Barring service ( or similar) check if your role requires one
- Names and contact information for referees, if your role requires;
- Details of any disability and an indication of reasonable adjustment, to remove any barrier to volunteering.
It is your responsibility to obtain consent from referees before providing their personal information to us.
How will we use your data?
Your information is used for the following purposes:
- For identification purposes and to verify you are over age of 18;
- To conduct reference checks, if your volunteer role requires one;
- To conduct background checks if you are performing regulated activity as defined in the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006 and associated legislation;
- To communicate with you during the recruitment process;
- To manage your training and training records;
- To ensure you have the right support to access training if you have a disability;
- To communicate with you about your volunteering activity.
Who has access to your data?
Our Volunteering team, Welfare Training Manager and associated managers involved in the recruitment decision making and managing your training will have access to your data for the purposes listed above.
The Association delivers accredited learning through a third party provider AIM. The provider requires personal data for their statutory and reporting purposes.
Data access, correction or removal
Once you have provided us with your personal data, you will be able to change this information by contacting email@example.com or writing to the address below. If you would like to obtain a copy of your information or want to remove your information immediately for any reason, you can do this by contacting us at the address below or notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long will we keep your data?
Personal data relating to volunteering, including records of Disclosure and Barring Service checks will be destroyed 6 months after you cease your volunteering activity.
How will we secure your data?
We recognise our responsibility to protect the information you provide to us. We take appropriate
technical, organisational, and legal steps to protect application information, including secure servers, firewalls, and encryption of data using passwords.
The Association controls and is responsible for your personal data. Please feel free to ask us questions concerning our Privacy Notice, request a copy of your personal data or to delete your personal data.
Please send only data safety and security related requests to the address below:
Volunteering Manager or Welfare Training Manager (as appropriate)
41 Wembley Road
If you have any questions or concerns about the use of your personal information, please feel free to contact us.