Our Commitment to responsible gambling
The RAF Association is committed to operating Wings Lotto in a socially responsible way. We want the lotto to be fun to play, while raising funds for our welfare programs, but not in a way that is detrimental to the vulnerable.
Whilst the majority of people do gamble within their means, for some, gambling can become a problem. It may help you to keep control to remember the following:
- Gambling should be entertaining and not seen as a way of making money
- Avoid chasing losses
- Only gamble what you can afford to lose
- Keep track of the time and amount you spend gambling
- If you want to have a break from gambling you can use our self-exclusion option by emailing us with your name, address and membership number(s). or by writing to us Wings Lotto, The RAF Association, Headquarters, Atlas House, Wembley Road, Leicester. LE3 1UT. We will then close your membership(s) for a minimum period of six months, during which time it will not be possible for the account(s) to be re-opened for any reason.
- If you need to talk to someone about problem gambling then contact The National Gambling Helpline.
- The National Gambling helpline provides a confidential telephone support and counselling to anyone who is affected by problem gambling.
- They can be contacted on 0808 8020 133.
Problem Gambling. If you are concerned that gambling may have taken over your (or someone else’s life) contact the confidential helpline on 0808 8020 133 or visit their website www.begambleaware.org.uk for further information
If you want to have a break from gambling you can use our self-exclusion option, by call us free on 0800 018 2361 or calling the Lottery Manager Elaine Williamson in confidence on 0116 402 6443 or emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We will need your name, address and where appropriate membership or player number(s) and the initiatives you take part in. We will then close your gambling membership(s) for a minimum period of six months, during which time it will not be possible for the account(s) to be re-opened for any reason. Please contact us for more details.
The National Gambling help line – www.begambleaware.co.uk
Gamblers Anonymous www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk
National Debt Line – www.nationaldebtline.co.uk
Financial Services Authority – www.moneymadeclear.fsa.gov.uk
Citizens Advice – www.citizensadvice.org.uk
Gambling Commission – www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk