Our fundraising promise
The RAF Association’s Fundraising Promise
We know that when you make a donation – whichever charity you support – you will want to know that the organisation is committed to best practice. That we are responsible in the way we fundraise, dedicated to honesty and accountability.
That is why the Royal Air Forces Association has signed up to fundraising regulation through the Fundraising Standards Board (FRSB). Membership is a commitment to the highest standards of fundraising. Should there be any concerns about the way we fundraise, we have a robust complaints process in place, notifying the FRSB of any issues raised. It is about being accountable for our actions and ensuring that we put you – our supporters – first.
Support us with trust and confidence
You can see the give with confidence tick logo on our website and appeals, reminding you of our commitment to best practice in fundraising. We hope that our membership will give you even more confidence in our fundraising and, ultimately, encourage more people to provide vital support for RAF personnel and their families.
Should you ever have any concerns about the way we fundraise, please get in touch by calling Neil Everall on 0116 268 8756.
For more information about the FRSB, and what our membership means in practice, see www.givewithconfidence.org.uk
Our fundraising promise
We are members of the Fundraising Standards Board (FRSB) self-regulatory scheme. The FRSB works to ensure that organisations raising money for charity from the public do so honestly and properly. As members of the scheme, we follow the Institute of Fundraising’s Codes of Fundraising Practice and comply with the key principles embodied in the Codes and in this Promise.
We are committed to high standards
- We do all we can to ensure that fundraisers, volunteers and fundraising contractors working with us to raise funds comply with the Codes and with this Promise
- We comply with the law including those that apply to data protection, health and safety and the environment
We are honest and open
- We tell the truth and do not exaggerate
- We do what we say we are going to do
- We answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs. Please *contact us if you require further details
We are clear
- We are clear about who we are, what we do and how your gift is used
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and amend a regular commitment
We are respectful
- We respect the rights, dignities and privacy of our supporters and beneficiaries
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift and if you do not want to give, or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so
We are fair and reasonable
- We take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence
- We take care not to cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption
We are accountable
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint
- We have a complaints procedure, a copy of which is available on request. If we cannot resolve your complaint, we accept the authority of the FRSB to make a final adjudication
- Click here for details of our complaints process
Our contact details
The Royal Air Forces Association Head Office is located at:
Atlas House, 41 Wembley Road, Leicester, LE3 1UT
For all general enquiries please contact our Freephone line on 0800 018 2361